Life. It’s a mess. With rushed work schedules, weird Tinder dates, and less time to yourself than ever before. Who has time to work out?
Well, Scott Herman took it upon himself to design a program specifically for those who struggle to be consistent. Eager to see how the MetaBurn90 program will allow you to get fit? Keep reading and find out.
Table of Contents
- About Scott Herman
- MetaBurn90 Overview
- MetaBurn90 Details
- 3 Pros of the MetaBurn90 Plan
- 2 Cons of the MetaBurn90 Plan
- MetaBurn90 – Final Thoughts
About Scott Herman
Few people are as passionate about fitness and health. The CEO of muscularstrength.com started his fitness career at the young age of 14 when he started working at a gym. Through the years he worked his way through the ranks, and eventually found himself as a manager.
After creating muscularstrength.com in 2007 (originally called ScottHermanFitness.com) he went on to become a YouTuber as he realized this will allow him to reach a wider audience. He has amassed a whopping 2.63 million subscribers and aims to help and educate as many as he possibly can.
Scott now aims to not only help as many as he can but to keep true to his core values. In the past five years, the fitness industry has boomed.
Unfortunately, this means misinformation grew as well. Let’s see if Scott’s programs are all they’re cracked up to be.
Scott understands that you live a very busy life. You may have a very busy work schedule, family responsibilities, or just other responsibilities that make following any training program impossible.
Scott designed the MetaBurn90, especially for busy people, and since the workouts are time-based rather than rep-based, you can bang out a quick session any time during the day.
Bonus, you can even do it at home like Total-Body Dumbbell Fix. Let’s look at a quick overview:
- Fitness level: Intermediate
- Duration: 13 Weeks
- Workouts per week: 6
- Average workout duration: 20 – 45 Minutes
- Equipment needed: Minimal Equipment
- Goal: Lose Weight
The program will allow you to build muscle, improve mobility, and of course, lose some unwanted weight – all from the comfort of your own home.
The workouts will be short, intense, and challenging – but nothing worth getting was easy, right? Let’s have a deeper look at what you can expect.
The 90 refers to the 90 days of the plan you’ll be working on, and the plan is subdivided into various phases of progression (similar to Dymatize: Transformed). The program also includes Nutrition and Supplementation advice.
Phase 1 & 2: Metabolic Awakener & Body-Fat Shredder
Phase 1 is simply a primer for the onslaught of progress that awaits you on this journey. This will be an introduction to certain movements and training schemes, as well as give you a hint of high-intensity training exposure.
The second phase is exactly as it states. Your body will be sweating and you’ll be caught in the Rapid Body-Fat Shredder. This is an all-out intense fat-burning workout that’ll get you moving.
Phase 3 & 4: Lean Muscle Developer & Plateau Breaker
Phase 3 is all about building lean muscle, as you’ll be engaged in more intense compound lifts with the purpose of building lean tissue.
With a focus on strength development, the unique structure will apparently also build mental toughness.
Phase 4 is where most people quit but is also where results begin to show themselves. This phase is specifically designed to have you break through strength and fat loss plateaus.
Phase 5 & 6: Limit Crusher & Metamorphosis
The Limit Crusher is the hardest phase, with exercises being tweaked to be harder than before that will allow you to prepare for the Metamorphosis phase.
The very last phase is the polishing of an already completed product. This phase is to show off your hard work and will incorporate a few familiar workouts to give you that final touch.
Scott understands the importance of calories and even certain macronutrients when it comes to body recomposition. The nutrition plan reflects this, as he highly advises you to track calories, but also follow an IIFYM lifestyle.
The IIFYM (if it fits your macros) lifestyle simply means that once you hit your protein mark for the day, you can fill the rest of your calories, carbs, and fats, with any foods you wish. This is not only an extremely sustainable approach but also cost-effective.
3 Pros of the MetaBurn90 Plan
- You can train at home: With the workouts not requiring a full gym to actually execute, you can train from the comfort of your own home.
- Time-efficient: With the workouts being based on time rather than reps, it allows you to do them at a rapid pace. Combine this with point 1) and you have a program that can even be done away from home; like on holiday.
- Sustainable Nutrition: While the nutrition plan could use more information in regards to what the different macros do to your body, the fact that Scott advises you to follow IIFYM means it will be extremely sustainable.
2 Cons of the MetaBurn90 Plan
- Not for the severely overweight: Some of these workouts will be extremely tough, and if you do suffer from any cardiovascular diseases, you might want to take it slow in the beginning. Remember, the heart is a muscle.
- Limited Rest days: Six workout days per week? Limited food due to caloric restriction? This could be a recipe for poor recovery and injury, make sure you practice good form at all times.
MetaBurn90 – Final Thoughts
The MetaBurn90 is an exceptional program for anyone looking to improve general fitness or just lose a few pounds. Whether you fell off the beaten path due to life, or if you just have 40 minutes per day to train, this plan will yield some amazing results.
Be ready for some hard workouts, with supersets and limited rest times. If you’re completely new to training, you might wanna take things slow in the beginning.
Rating: 4.0 out of 5