The shoes you wear for CrossFit should give you stability and support for lifts, but also be flexible for sprints and jumps.
CrossFit is a popular lifestyle choice that’s characterized by safe and effective workout and good nutrition. Typically, you can use CrossFit to achieve anything from weight loss to improved health.
This work out program can be used by anyone, both newbies and seasoned. In Crossfit, the intensity of the workouts is adjusted to challenge the individual and safely enhance fitness.
Both the Reebok Nano and Inov-8 are top-flight CrossFit shoes that give you the power and stability you need to conquer any WOD. What are their differences and why should one choose one over the other you may ask.
Read on to find out.
Table of Contents
What are Reebok CrossFit Nano Shoes?
Reebok Nano is a CrossFit shoe that is designed with a heel cup to cushion your feet as you work out and provide that extra push for better training.
Great for the versatile athlete who wants more from his CrossFit sneakers, Reebok Nano shoes have several stand-out features to suit various movements. Of course, every Reebok Nano is different from the other.
The latest entrant in the market is the Reebok Nano 9, which performs well and resists compression like other stable cross trainers.
For the comparison between the Reebok Nano and the Inov-8, we choose to scrutinize the Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave. This, unlike its predecessors, has a bootie construction that is completely independent of the outside material and other outstanding features that make it desirable to a versatile trainer.
4 Benefits of the Reebok CrossFit Nanos
- It has a special flexweave material that is breathable, flexible, durable and resilient.
- The shoe features a wider toe box that allows you to wear this shoe comfortably and provides better balance.
- The sole is hard providing a solid base for various movements. An additional wave-like material on the base offers better grip on a range of surfaces.
- It features a bootie construction and heel cup for enhanced comfort.
3 Reasons Against Reebok Nanos
Just like any good product, the Nano 8 has its flaws.
- First, the Reebok Nano 8 doesn’t always offer sufficient protection for repetitive impact movements like mountain climbers on really rough terrain.
- The hard sole does not give under weight, which may make it uncomfortable for some types of exercises like cardio.
- The Nano 8, unlike other Reebok Nanos, has a more flexible and a wider toe box that may be upsetting if you want a stiff and tight feel.
Now let’s take a look at the Inov-8 F-Lite 235 sneakers series.
What are Inov-8 F-Lite 235 Shoes?
Since the inception of CrossFit, Inov-8 has become the go-to brand for enthusiasts. The company became popular due to its impressively grippy outsoles.
The company has a round up philosophy on CrossFit shoe design that guides its products to date. Inov-8 shoes are created to be lightweight helping you sprint and work with your natural stride.
One of the first CrossFit shoes was the F-Lite 235 setting the bar for other Inov-8 shoes. This trendsetter was flexible, light and designed with a sticky rubber outsole that was inspired by climbing shoes. The result was excellent grip and durability that inspired other Inov-8 shoes.
4 Benefits of Inov-8 235s
- Renowned as a world leader in grip, the Inov-8 235 F-Lite features Graphene enhanced rubber sole for great grip on hard trails and paths.
- The shoe has a very tough mesh upper for breathability and increased durability minimizing signs of wear on all areas of highest natural erosion.
- Light, fast and always innovative, this shoe features underfoot technology to offer the perfect balance between responsiveness and comfort. The midsole of the 235 is designed to minimize the shock impact and offer high levels of energy return without compromising on ground feel.
- Further, the Inov-8 235 V3 shoe features a mm drop that promotes the most natural form for ultra-marathon running and training over long distances. This also gives you increased range of motion at the ankle.
2 Reasons Against Inov-8
To be honest, we had trouble finding bad things to say about this model. That said, there are a few things we don’t particularly like about this shoe.
- Sizing can be off on this model. Some buyers reported that these shoes tend to run bigger than standard sizes. If you’re interested in getting them, consider going with a half size smaller.
- A few reviews indicated that the foot pad inside sometimes slips around. After a long run, it may slip back towards the heel and create irritating rubbing.
Reebok CrossFit Nano vs Inov-8 F-Lite 235 Conclusion
The Inov-8 F-Lite- 235 is a great CrossFit shoe that features the iconic outsoles that feature a hard wearing material that could last through a lot of WODs. The brand has a shoe line that offers the comfort, protection and performance you need in handling both indoor and outdoor rugged terrain.
With shock attenuation properties, the Inov-8 will give you the support you need to conquer miles of exercise.
The Reebok CrossFit Nano, on the other hand, is a popular CrossFit shoe with properties to ensure that off-road running will never be the same again. The shoe manufacturer is the only company legally allowed to use the CrossFit brand.
The two companies struck a mutually beneficial deal in 2010 that encompasses the creation of Reebok-Crossfit branded shoes and apparel. Reebok is a brand that is aligned with the definition of fitness.
While brands like Inov-8 designs shoes for functional fitness, Reebok provides every day comfort in their line of CrossFit shoes that is capable of transitioning seamlessly from exercise to another.
Both brands seem quite impressive and it is hard to choose one over the other. When it comes to great functionality, Inov-8 takes the crown.
Depending on why you are purchasing a CrossFit shoe, you may choose either brand. Inov-8 is great for the outdoors while Nano 8 is perfect for general CrossFit exercises… whatever floats your boat.